Dear Crazy People: This Is Not Your Next Home

This week has been filled to the brim with crazy.  Monday went by in a tax prepping blur as I showed the apartment to what seemed like an endless stream of neighbors I really hope I don't get - here's just a few:
  • Teen Mom Candidate
  • 20 lb dog lady who wants the beast to lounge on my Moroccan deck.   That's.Not.Happening.
  • Guy who has never lived in the same state with girlfriend (does the landlord live here?), but is "sure" they'll get along fine (does the landlord live close by?) even though he really doesn't want her to quit her job (did you say the landlord lives upstairs?) and go back to school.  Do I have any advice on how he can talk her out of it?  Huh?  Oh and btw buddy, I AM the landlord.  No I didn't say that, but boy was I tempted.
  • And today's person really took the cake.  Sppppokkkke soooooo slowwwwwly IIIII coooouuuulllld baaaarrreeeellly unnnderrrrstannnnnd hiiiiiim, got all up in my personal space, didn't want to see closet space, individual rooms or anything opting instead to corner me in the hallway to ask:  Do you live here alone?  How long have you lived here?  Does anyone live here with you (uh, already asked that ya cuckoo bird)?  By now I'm officially terrified and looking for something to hit him with when the kicker happens:  A huge moth flies out of his hair (I'm also terrified of moths for some strange reason) and flutters to land on the ceiling...followed by a mid-sized one that goes flying off into my office.  Okay Silence of the Lambs it's time for you to get out.  (At the door he turns and points to one of my pictures:  Isssss thaaaat youuuuu?  Me: Yes.  Him:  You look so much different.  Me:  GOOD-BYE as I shut the door in his face, locking it behind him.  HELP!)
Tuesday I was 25 minutes late to the tax appointment due to Southern California road construction in mid-afternoon.  Why me?  Thankfully Blanket came along to ease my nerves...he was a huge hit at the accountant's office.  Five women huddled around him upon arrival, and people kept walking in and out of the office we were in for four hours just to get a look at him.  It was quite heartwarming.

Somewhere in here I managed to throw on a semi-decent outfit and grab a few pictures.  Thankfully disheveled is in right now.

~Joie - Dress worn as tunic, James Perse - Ribbed Tank Dress, Gap - Pintucked Wide leg~
And yes that look on my face says it all:  I've had enough.
~ Motif 56-Wide Cuff and Woven Bracelets, PANYC-Wrap Bracelet, Anthro-Belt, 
Target-Sunnies, Melinda Maria-Ring, Africa-Necklace~ 
Earlier this month I ironed my hair for the first time in weeks before class.
Girl:  You straightened your hair!  Me:  You mean I combed it, right?  Girl:  um, nooooo - but
face complete agrees with my statement.  Me:  No worries.  I like a good rat's nest.  Girl: um, okay?
I think we're best friends now.  She laughs her head off and waves every time she sees me.
Still wearing these Gap Wide Legs in heavy rotation...hope they bring more back.
Worth picking up at least one more pair.
Thankfully the sun's staying up  longer.  Hopefully it brings out the sane renters because I
am not looking for a version of I am Legend brought to life.
How much you wanna bet that guy on the bike is one of the people I show
the apartment to later today?  He was totally making a getaway on that bicyclette.

I spent yesterday morning at the Chef's restaurant and it is looking so much more put together than last week.  I was relieved, if you want the truth.  In the meantime I'm about to go into full speed moving mode seeing as Friday and Saturday are the days to get all the big pieces upstairs as the Chef tries to oversee construction and renovation, while trying to assist in the move.  How fun.  I might not be back to normal visitation of your blogs until next week, so go do crazy things in the next few days so we can share stories.  P.S. Haven't shredded in two days.  Confession!! 
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved